Towards net zero
Climate change is happening at an alarming rate and is already having a significant impact on our lives.
We recognise that we can help decarbonise our economy through the strategies we offer to our clients, the investment decisions we take, and the focused engagement with our portfolio companies and peers in our industry.
Our approved and validated science-based targets
- Ensure 100% of relevant investments have SBTi-approved science-based targets by 2030, with an interim target of 50% by 20261
- Reduce ICG’s direct (Scope 1 and 2) emissions by 80% by 2030 from a 2020 base year
For further information on our SBTs, please refer to the SBTi website.
ICG is committed to support the goal of net zero GHG emissions by 2040 or sooner, in line with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C.
Our commitment to net zero
CEO and CIO Benoît Durteste explains ICG’s climate action through science-based targets
Together with industry peers and the PRI, founded the iCI UK network with the common goal to decarbonise investment portfolios.
Joined the iCI net zero and SBT working group, to contribute to the development of the SBTi target setting guidance for PE sector.ICG joins peers to commit to action on climate change
Target: 50% of relevant investments have an approved SBT.
2026 – 2030
Where relevant across ICG’s asset classes, we intend to:
- support decarbonisation efforts across our portfolio through our investment decision making and portfolio company engagement
- invest in climate solutions needed for the real economy to reach net zero emissions e.g. sustainable infrastructure
ICG will continue to deploy energy efficiency initiatives and renewable energy solutions, and finally offset residual emissions using credible removal solutions.
Target: 100% of relevant investments have an approved SBT.
Target: 80% reduction in operational emissions.
Net zero GHG emissions, in line with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C.
Our roadmap to net zero explained
Watch a segment from our Sustainability and People Shareholder Seminar
Setting the foundations towards net zero
We have developed a robust approach to net zero based
on our four key Responsible Investing Fundamentals:
We engage with portfolio companies to drive sustainability outcomes:
We innovate to develop sustainably-themed products:
We report on progress to enhance transparency with our stakeholders:
We collaborate on initiatives to drive industry best practice:
1. Relevant investments include all investments within Structured and Private Equity and Real Assets where ICG has sufficient influence. At 31st March 2022, this equated to 25.7% of ICG’s AUM.