ICG recognises that, in pursuing the best interests of our clients, we have a responsibility to collaborate and work closely with our peers and other stakeholder groups, particularly on thematic engagements.
We are committed to working with others to promote collaboration within our responsible investing activities as we believe that a collective voice could provide greater leverage and influence.
Initiative Climat International (iCI) UK Network
- We successfully launched the UK network of the iCI in 2020, sharing a collective commitment to quantify and reduce the carbon emissions of private equity- backed companies
- This network commits to actively engage with private equity-backed companies globally to reduce carbon emissions intensity and secure sustainable investment performance
- We co-chair an iCI UK working group that is developing carbon footprint guidance for private market investors and their portfolio companies, in collaboration with peers and industry bodies such as WRI, PRI, PCAF, CDP, and IIGCC
Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) Working Group
Following the successful launch of the iCI UK network, we were actively involved in the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) working group and a member of the industry wide EAG (Expert Advisory Group) which provided guidance and input on the development of guidance for the private equity industry to set SBTs. We were one of six private markets investors to ‘road test’ the guidance and subsequently obtained an approved and validated SBT by the Science Based Targets Initiative.
We commend ICG’s contribution in the process to help drive the development of science-based targets guidance for Private Equity. It has provided valuable insight and leadership for this important initiative, and ICG is helping to push the industry as an early target-setter to help define a new bar of ambition.Alberto Carrillo Pineda, Managing Director, SBTi
- Joined Invest Europe’s SFDR working group
- We are an active member of the BVCA, participating in a number of committees and working groups contributing to industry responses to the FCA, HMRC and HMT
- We also actively contribute to working groups of other industry bodies such as Invest Europe and AIMA