Real estate strategies
ICG provides senior, whole, mezzanine and equity loan financing solutions to a diverse range of borrowers. Investments are secured across all sectors of UK (ICG-Longbow) & German commercial property. Focus is on supporting acquisitions and recapitalisations where there is a clear value creation plan and the sponsor has material cash equity at risk.
Underpinned by our property fundamentals based approach to lending and reputation for delivery, we are able to support our property company borrowers in realising their business plans and investment objectives by providing innovative financing solutions.
We are an entrepreneurial business with institutional ownership. Our multi-disciplinary management team has experience in property, banking, investment management and finance.
In everything we do we invest on property fundamentals, focusing on:
- Sustainability of cash flow
- £ per square foot analysis
- Liquidity of the underlying investment
Our underwriting is income-centric, focusing on:
- True net operating income (rather than property "triple net")
- Capacity to service the coupon through the term
- Diversity at loan level
- Transactions with income and value creation opportunities
- Alignment with the borrower by participating in value creation via profit shares
- Specific risk within loans
- Wasting and obsolescent assets
- Large interest accruals or "look backs", resulting in misaligned interest with our borrowers
- Whole loans & mezzanine debt
- Senior debt
- Development loans